Cleaning thier room

Do you help or have them do it alone? And if alone how clean do you expect it to be?

reaandiziesmama

Asked by reaandiziesmama at 12:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine are 8, 10 and 12. Yes, they clean their rooms and I expect it pretty clean.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• In SS's (11 yrs) room, there is a poster size picture of his room. when he is told to clean it, it is expected to be close to the picture.

Anything left out of place or on the floor gets confiscated and he has to earn it back.

DD (3yrs) will clean most of hers by herself and what's left, I only have to tell her where to put them and she will do it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My youngest child is 13 years old and all of my child can and do clean their rooms on their own.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My kiddos are 4 1/2 and they are expected to throw away any trash they find, and put all papers in a stack on the desk so I can go through them, and all toys are to be put in their places. I make the beds, vacuum and dust.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My son is 5 and shares a room with his 1yo brother so it can get pretty messy. Sometims I help him, but most of the time I expect him to do it on his own. And I do expect it to be clean clean, not shoved under everything clean.
    The best way I found to accomplish this is to give him small tasks to do.
    Clean up your crayons/markers
    Put your cars away
    now the blocks
    Next the baby toys
    and so on and so forth until it's all done. And he usually doesn't complain about it either. I tell him what a great job he did and he takes pride in his work
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine are 6,4, and 3. I help the 3 yr old fold and put up her laundry but the older two do their room and split their bathroom all by themselves(I do the vacuuming) . I don't expect perfection just clean and reasonably neat and tidy. Toys in toybox,Clothes put away neatly in closet, No trash, Etc
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 12:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• After the age of 6 with my kid's if they didnt clean it the way they were supposed to I cleaned it and toy's went bye bye for a long time if they were left out. It REALLY made a difference with my kid knowing they would get it taken away if they didnt put it up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine are 10, 9, 8 and 5 and I expect them to do it and do it right. I've made the organization of their room easy (certain bins for each kind of toy, etc) and I've shown them where everything goes. When they clean I expect it to look like that. They also fold and put away their own clothes (starting at 4).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• They clean their own rooms......I expect clothes put away if clean, if dirty in hamper, trash off the floor. Very simple!
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 1:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine do it on their own. After struggling and fighting and punishments and whatever, I decided to follow my MIL's lead and bag up everything that was still on the floor when the deadline came around. They've since learned to get their stuff in order!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011