My fourteen year old daughter,

Has a boyfriend that is sixteen, i have no problem with their relationship, he's a good kid and i trust them both, my daughter is going to his house to day to hangout , where shes going to meet his parents. Shes nervous and wanted some advice on what to do how to act. And honestly i dont have any advise, no bashing please. Any one have advise for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Just be herself plus extra polite, do not think that I assume she is rude, just that I think we are all a little extra polite when we first meet someone. she doesn't want to create a fake "around the parents self" because then she will have to keep that act up every time they are around!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Aw... hopefully she can just be herself. If she is polite and friendly and respectful she should have no problem. I'm sure they expect a typical and nervous teenage girl. The worst thing to do would be to disappear quickly, but it's still not the end of the world.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Tell her to be herself, but to be very aware of how polite she is. She is there to impress. No hugging, holding hands, etc. with the boyfriend while they are around.

And tell her to have fun! My first boyfriend (we were together for 4 years throughout highschool) his parents ended up being like a second set of parents to me....it can be scary at first but it will be OK!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• She is a very friendly and polite girl, she just gets shy sometimes.
    Anonymous

• I'm not bashing, but this sure wouldn't have happened when my daughters were 14... IMO, and it's just that, my opinion.. this is inviting problems. I wouldn't let her do it. Way too young.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I know when I meet my sons girlfriend I want them to be talkative. I like it when they take the initiative to start a conversation with me. My sons girlfriend had to come over 2 hours before he would be home from work and we had a good tome playing Wii and just talking.
    Cindy988

Answer by Cindy988 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• just be yourself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• To pupmom, i dont think its a problem, shes on birthcontrol , i trust them enough to use condoms. And i know the mother because were good friends. So i know she'll keep her eye onn them.
    Anonymous

• Whenever my sons bring girls over I am always protective of them as if they were my own. I want them to feel welcome and for my sons to be respectful. I would tell her to just be herself, unless of course she is a rude little girl, but I doubt that is the case.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree with pupmom. I'm sure your daughter ios a very nice girl but she has no business with a 16 year old boyfriend, it's just to much. Why are we so afraid of slowing things down with our kids?
    Gingersmom1979

Answer by Gingersmom1979 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2008