Agree or disagree with this quote?

"Let's hope that the human race never escapes earth to spread it's iniquity elsewhere." -C.S. Lewis.

I agree with this. C.S. Lewis was such a wise man,amazing author and true Christian. And, while I know we do indeed have space travel, we have not yet settled on another planet,and as evil and perverted as this planet is, I hope and pray we never do.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• sadly, i have to agree. we are slowly getting better...but dang this planets history is ugly!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think it's awfully egotistical to presume things like greed, intolerance and hate are traits that only exist among humans and could never happen elsewhere without us being the ones to introduce it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• On the other hand, there is WWE wrestling and Jersey Whores. How in the name of the goddess do we explain thing like THAT to the aliens when they land in 2012???? [witchqueen]

Dammit woman! I almost spit tea all over my laptop!! 

rolling on floor

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Honestly, I hope we do find ourselves in some alien society that will show us how screwed up we are and how our priorities are all wrong. I don't really think it has to do with being a christian or of any other faith. Humanity on this planet needs guidance and I don't think that guidance will come from faith.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• People are mostly good--individually. Put us together into a body of nations though and look what happens. I think we are our own worst enemy and one day we will completely destroy this planet. I wouldn't wish that on another planet as well.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree, mankind in general has done nothing but destroy this planet, and inflicted pain and suffering on their fellow men. However, I believe a lot of this (the pain and suffering anyway) was actually done in the name of religion.... Destroying the planet, that's just because of mankind being selfish, shortsighted, and destructive.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't see what him being a 'true' Christian has to do with anything, but I do agree with his quote.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I too, think the majority of people are good and do good.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have to agree. Humans are self-centered and prone to evil deeds. Just look at how the natives were treated when the Europeans landed here in North America. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree in part, but for probably very differnt reaons than that of which Lewis made the quote. I definitely think this world is full of injustices and intolerance, and that we will likely attack an extraterrestrial race rather than learn from them out of fear. But it is fear, not immorality that fuels the iniquity.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011