Menstrual like cramps in the third trimester-normal?

I am waiting to call the doctor as I don't want to keep continuously calling him when something happens that I am concerned with. I am going to take a nap and see how I feel. I feel a lot of pressure from time to time and my doctor said it was just the baby. So it could be nothing! :)
I keep having (off and on) what feels like menstrual cramps. My back hurts a lot more today than normal but I have experienced severe back pain the whole pregnancy. I Don't remember much about how I felt with my son as he was early. I was hospitalized around 33 weeks and had him at 35 weeks (I had back labor). I am sure all is well with me but the cramps are pretty annoying. They feel like what I would experience when I was on my period. I am not bleeding. I have been going to the bathroom (if you know what I mean) a lot so I don't know if it would be gas or even constipation, ya know. Anyways is anyone else having these cramps? These differ from the round ligament pain although who knows this is my second child so it could just be that it is hurting a lot more this time since my muscles are stretched out and loose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I mean "something concerned with" I mean what seems to be on the minor side.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• That is what labor pains feel like! Call the doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Are you timing the cramps? Because that sounds like early labor to me.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No I haven't been timing the cramps. They are here and there-not too consistant. I am hoping to feel a change after a nap but if not I will call the doctor. I am hoping it is just something normal. I don't notice an increase of discharge or anything. I am only 29 weeks so I am hoping it is not early labor. I get braxton hicks from time to time but not consistant as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• consistent*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i had this and was told my body is just preparing for labor.
    lay down on your left side and drink lots of water, good luck! : ]
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 1:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i agree with call the doc. lay down and drink lots of water.
    how far along are you?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Only 29 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• braxton hicks is what it sounds like.. i had a lot with my second.. none to little with my first
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I took a bath and she ended up getting the hiccups. I felt her right above my pelvic bone. I am still feeling not so right. The cramps don't come with the BH. My vagina is pretty sore and feel sharp pain from time to time (which can be normal). maybe I caught something. We will see how I feel tomorrow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2011