Who has done the glucose test

how did it go for you mine will prob be in 4 weeks

ChanQ

Asked by ChanQ at 12:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• everyone told me the drink was disgusting. i did the lemon lime one and it wasn't that bad. i drank it way faster than anyone expected lol. it made me dizzy but i passed
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I got the one that takes hours and you have to fast for. Turned out i was insulin dependent type of diabetic, but ONLY for the time I was pregnant. 2 days After the baby was born they game me the insulin shot and nearly killed me because my body swung back to being non insulin dependent. I am still not on insulin, I control my blood sugar with my diet and it works for me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had the regular 1 hour one at around 28 weeks, came back normal. Then all of a sudden my baby started measuring HUGE, so they had me do another 1 hour one around 34 weeks, that one came back high. They made me do the 3 hour one a couple of days later, and that one came back normal again.

It's irritating, and it sucks having to sit around for 3 hours (the 1 hour one isn't too bad), but it's a necessary thing, I suppose.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's not that bad. I had the orange flavor and found it tolerable.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i have! if you try not to think nout it and just down it you might have better luck than me lol i though it was super NASTY lol
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had to do the 4 hour one... twice UGH!! Keep the drink on ice... literally... and if you have to go in for it make them do the same!! The colder the drink the less you taste it! Oh, and drink it thru a straw (bring your own if you have to)... again... you taste it less if you use a straw!! GL!! :o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• yeah i had the regular 1 hour one. my blood sugar was only 80 which is normal. i was afraid that my body wouldn't break it down because i don't eat sugar at all...then i remembered there's sugar in fruit which i eat a lot of
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i had mine and passed. : ]
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 1:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• good luck! : ]
    xLeeAnnex

• You don't have to if you are healthy-having a normal pregnancy.

You might check into that.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2011