Media fueled homosexuality

As was previous stated in another thread... it is the opinion of some that homosexuality is fueled by the media- and is a learned behavior, rather than one which is naturally occurring.

I ask of you this...

>> Are Homosapiens mammals?

>> Are those in the mammalian family classified as animals?

>> Homosexual behavior occuring in non-bipedal mammals is classified as what?

>> Are animals influenced by the media to alter their sexual behaviors?

>> How does your religious affiliation affect your previous answers?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't need to answer any of those questions, because I seriously can't believe anybody thinks homosexuality is learned behavior... That has to be one of THE most asinine assumptions ever.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree anouck, I would never wake up and just decide hmmmmmmm I think I will try a woman this week....HELL NO so no it's not just something that happens and I have worked with Gay men that have actually cried over being Gay
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think anyone who thinks that homosexuality is influenced by the media has never studied history. Homosexuality was around in ancient cultures and I'm pretty sure they didn't have will and grace back then.

I don't know if it's biological or due to how a person internalizes the experiences and things that happen to them but It certainly isn't a learned behavior. Or else we would see children of gay couples displaying a higher frequency of homosexuality and that has been found to be untrue.

I am a christian, my religious beliefs don't dictate my opinion on the matter my observation and knowledge of studies and statistics does.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Homosexuality is, has and will always be around. I firmly believe its something you are born not something learned.
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think it goes both ways, honestly....my ex BIL decided one day he was gay, left his wife and baby to take up with a guy I know was born gay. This man made me feel too masculine, lol..he was born in a small town in Ak and was basically run out when he was a teen, he had such a hard, sad life for such a gentle soul, but he was definately born that way...my BIL?? nah, he was just kinky I guess, he went back to women after his BF died
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i think you're asking questions poised too far above the head of whomever said homosexually was fueled (invented? born? what?) by media. i'm guessing said person meant the tolerance of said orientation was fueled by media..just guessing. hard to read some people's minds.

and i find it ridiculous that religion is always the assumed reason behind such idiocy. JMHO. you can't keep on blaming religion, OP..some people are just stupid, regardless.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Dull.. the intent behind the statement was very clear :) you should read previous posts by a well known Gay Rights advocate who frequents the R&B/RD boards.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It just proves all those gay monkeys found a tv and are hiding it from us! :P

Dull I do not think it is religion that is behind it, but religion is the tool most of the people that think this way are using to justify themselves. Kind of like how a gun can not control if it is used for hunting or murder it is just the tool the person holding it pulls the trigger.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• "and i find it ridiculous that religion is always the assumed reason behind such idiocy. JMHO. you can't keep on blaming religion, OP..some people are just stupid, regardless"

THANK YOU! I completely agree. While a majority of people who are against homosexuality and are pro life for example tend to be religious people can hold those views independent of or without religion. I am christian and an advocate for homosexual rights. And I was pro life before I found Christ.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't see where the OP was blaming religious affiliation with intolerance in this question. She asks a series of questions, and yes, the last one is asking if our religious beliefs have any bearing on how we perceive homosexuality, but in this question at least (I can't speak for all questions as I honestly don't know), I don't see that she is implying that any one particular religion is to blame for this idiocy. That said, it is often the evangelicals who are the most outspoken against homosexuals.

Now, about those gay monkeys and their TVs. . . is it possible that they've shared their technology with penguins?  I hear there is some homosexual activity amongst their population, too.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 1:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011