Sick 2r old boy...

he is miserable! runny eyes and nose, cough and fever about 101 Ive been giving tylenol every 4 hours for the past 2 days and running the vaporizor at night and during nap. Do you have special tricks to get him better quick? He will eat a chewable vitamiin C so I have given him that on occasion and lots to drink and lots of snuggles....Share your tips please

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 12:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fever usually means infection he might need some antibiotics.......... But my grandson just got over foot, hand and throat virus and there was nothing they could give him, I would still see a Dr. there might be something you need to know about that's going on
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I just took my son to the doctor today for the same thing you are descriping. She said to run a humdifier at night. & keep doing what I've been doing (which is everything you are doing) She also gave a prescription for carlitin for him. I don't know if they over the counter for our sons age but its worth looking for.

GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I hope he gets better soon... I think its one of those things that has to run its course...It sounds like you are doing the right stuff to make him as comfy as possible...you said, that he has a 101 fever...Is it still high when you give him the Tylenol? If so, you can give him Advil, con-current to the Tylenol because the are two completely different medication.. I have found if one doesnt break the fever the other one did. I feel sorry for new moms that dont have access to the cold medications I had when my daughters were little... It's sad that misinformed parents were over dosing their children caused them to pull them off the shelf .. I would call the doctors office and ask them if there is Rx/otc for treating cold/flu.. I would also let him play in the tub, the steam will help clear him up.
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Doctor!! If your child has a fever for more then 2 days get the child to it Primary Doc ASAP!!Hope the lil one gets better
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011