Sick 2r old boy...

he is miserable! runny eyes and nose, cough and fever about 101 Ive been giving tylenol every 4 hours for the past 2 days and running the vaporizor at night and during nap. Do you have special tricks to get him better quick? He will eat a chewable vitamiin C so I have given him that on occasion and lots to drink and lots of snuggles....Share your tips please

Asked by rebeccadac at 12:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Fever usually means infection he might need some antibiotics.......... But my grandson just got over foot, hand and throat virus and there was nothing they could give him, I would still see a Dr. there might be something you need to know about that's going on

Answer by buttonlts at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I just took my son to the doctor today for the same thing you are descriping. She said to run a humdifier at night. & keep doing what I've been doing (which is everything you are doing) She also gave a prescription for carlitin for him. I don't know if they over the counter for our sons age but its worth looking for.

Answer by rebel07 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I hope he gets better soon... I think its one of those things that has to run its course...It sounds like you are doing the right stuff to make him as comfy as said, that he has a 101 fever...Is it still high when you give him the Tylenol? If so, you can give him Advil, con-current to the Tylenol because the are two completely different medication.. I have found if one doesnt break the fever the other one did. I feel sorry for new moms that dont have access to the cold medications I had when my daughters were little... It's sad that misinformed parents were over dosing their children caused them to pull them off the shelf .. I would call the doctors office and ask them if there is Rx/otc for treating cold/flu.. I would also let him play in the tub, the steam will help clear him up.

Answer by TraceyLu at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Doctor!! If your child has a fever for more then 2 days get the child to it Primary Doc ASAP!!Hope the lil one gets better

Answer by Manda725 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011