How do i keep him busy??

My son is 3 . He has literally gotten this energy like crazy.. he could use like hours at a park or something.. but in tell the weather gets nice out, were stuck inside.. what to do??

Crafts.. I don't have enough to keep him busy, They don't burn off energy..
he loves finger paint, But we can't do that all the time!! we'll run out of it all :(

What am i missing ???

He is in daycare in tell 4 then he's with momma&& daddy.. he used to go to bed at 8 now it's 9.. and he still has energy!! I need lots of advice!! Oh and i want to cook fun things with him.. How do i make homemade (healthy) but yummy donuts??? :)
Thanks momma's

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 12:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get a basketball net. It doesn't have to be warm. Wear jackets. Bikes or ride on toys in the driveway. We make brownies from a box. My kids love to crack the eggs and mix and pour in the ingredients. I just do the measuring.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If you have a big place let him dance around. Also if you are haveing trouble getting him to sleep have him take a warm bath with claming soap 30 mintues before bed.
    star816

Answer by star816 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't know that there is a "healthy donut" . We make oatmeal rasin cookies.

Maybe get some of those kids dvds that get them moving around a lot. like a kids work out video. My daughter is high energy but usually just plays with her toys, pretends to be a monster or a dog lol
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If only we could put their energy in a bottle....We have a fold up slide that we can take out for the middle of the living room. DS climbs up and goes down a zillion times, We play red light green light because he runs and I get to sit. I don't know if its true but I was told the most effective things to wear a child out at this age are pushing, stretching and using things that use muscles like lifting. We play wheel barrel where I hold his legs and he walks on his hands and that seems to get some of the energy out. We do a silly thing together at night that I sort of interpreted from a pajanimals video, where we get the wiggles out before bed and we shake and ask as crazy as we can for 2 minutes and look like complete nuts and after that its quiet time. Oh, one of those informercials has a giant donate pan that you can fill with blueberry muffin mix. (its really a cake shaped as a donut)
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011