I want to leave but i feel guilt

Im going trough a mayor guilt trip and I don't know what to do my ex and I started to talk about getting back I had some doubts about what I felt for him a friend told me to kiss him and then I would knew i follow that advice and knew that still have feelings for him but I have decided to move to another country this saturday and he got really sick yesterday passed out for no reason he ask me to wait at least until he has some test done I want to leave but at the same time I feel guilty for leaving him like that but if I don't leave who knows when I would get another chance to go. We have a child 4 yrs old. my head says go my conscience and my heart wants to stay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Follow your head. It thinks logically. Your heart dosnt think logically all the time. You can always change your plans if something major is wrong and you want to come back.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Why would you move to another country when you have a 4 year old together? The child needs both of you even if you dont stay together. I wouldnt go.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm a bit confused by your description - you decided to move to another country and are supposed to leave Saturday? So I am assuming you have gone through months and months of preparation to be able to move to another country - is this right? And now he "passes out" right before - sounds like he is trying to work the guilt card to the maximum. Do him and yourself BOTH a favor and move on if you are over him. If you do not feel anything for this guy, even though you feel guilty you owe it to be strong enough for both of you and walk away as it appears he is not. Sometimes you can feel something for someone and know they are not the right one for you - don't short change yourself or him. If you set him free by leaving, he will hopefully find happiness with someone who wants to be with him.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sorry but I think "kiss him and you'll know" is horrible advice. It may tell you that you still have feelings sure, but it certainly isn't a good enough reason to be with someone. I had feeling for my ex even after I left him for months! but that doesn't mean we were right for each other. You need to take time to really weigh all the reasons to be together. Having a child together is certainly extra motivation to want to make it work if you think it can, but it's not a good enough reason to be with someone you can't have a healthy relationship with. A child is much better off with parents who can get along apart than who are miserable together. Don't ignore red flags just because you have feelings. It'll bite you down the road imo.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You've already made plans for moving go and do that.... you can always stay in touch.
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Weigh your options. Will moving to another country better your life and your child's life, as oppose to staying where you are?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You heart is saying stay because you care and hes sick for now. Then you keeping talking about leaving then thats what you should stick to it you dont and you really know that you want to then later down the road you will feel mad at your self. What ever the issue is that mad you leave in the first place must of been a good one or you wouldnt have, so why would you turn back. You know more then me to do the right thing for your son then for you. You have think about what it will do for him if you leave or stay. Then think about what it will do for you. I dont know the whole story to give you more addvice. Let me know what i can do to help..
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011