Do you have close relationship with your mother?

I do but I don't...if that makes since. She lies all the time so I can never tell if she is telling the truth or lieing. But if I am not there for her she doesn't seem to function properly. She treats me like I'm the mother and only calls when she has an issue. I know that she is just really good at being manipulative and just wants someone else to take care of her problems but I can't seem to tell her no. She is really smart and knows very well how to play the game but I still love her. God Help me!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I cut all ties from her months ago. I know it sounds bad but it feels like a weight was lifted of my chest.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I wish I had the strength to do that but I still have brothers and sisters in the home and i don't what to abandon them with her.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm so sorry mama...that really sucks....I have a great relationship with my mother and consider her to be one of my very best friends...I talk to her everyday (through the computer, not over the phone cause neither of us are really phone people) I come to her with alot of my problems and she feels comfortable coming to me with hers...It always makes me kind of sad when I hear that people don't have a good relationship with their mom.....Now MIL on the other hand I wish would just disapear from all of our lives lol....keeping fingers crossed
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes, I do. I'm very lucky and grateful to have such close and good relationships with my parents and my sisters.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yep I do, now that i have kids of my own she is one of my best friends! We talk almost every day. So greatful to have a mom like her!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• See I love MIL.We don't agree on everything but I still know she would be there before my own Mother.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Not at all, and it's something that hurts me deeply. I feel like there's a big hole in my life because of it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Not the best. For me, the less I talk to her the better we get along. My mom has a habit of not thinking before she speaks and blurts out things that just make you feel awful. She can be really manipulative. I try to push it aside because I know that is just how she is and she isn't going to change. If you call her out on how she treats you and things that she says, she is so good at turning it around and accusing you of saying she is an awful mother. Which she isn't, she just really drives me crazy. Sometimes though she can be funny in her thinking. The latest thing she told me was that she had a dream that I died so I better come and see her before I do. lol Um, if you had a dream that someone died wouldn't you feel like you should go see them?
    Anonymous

• My mom does the same with dream thing.
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I am close to my mom. She's great. She doesn't offer her opinion unless I ask or she feels it is really something important. She's always been a great mom. I'm very lucky!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011