• In the Spotlight:

I have to get this off my chest. Confession time. adult content

Many years ago when I was 19, I was broke. I was waiting tables at a restaurant and I worked hard and did the best I could. There was a movie theater next to the restaurant I worked at so we got lots of people who came in for dinner before their movie. One night this girl who was maybe 17 and her mom came in to eat. I waited on them and nothing particular happened. After they left, I found the girl's purse in the booth. I took it to the back to the server's area and sat it down. One of the other waitresses suggested we look in it, and it seemed like it would be fun (yes I was immature). So we did. I found her wallet and opened it and she had some money in there and I took some of it. I think she had about $30 and I took like $10 or 15 bucks, like it was a tip for holding her purse. Sick, I know. The girl and her mom came back 2 hours later after going to a movie, and I gave the girl her purse and she thanked me several times.
Now, almost 2 decades later, I feel so stupid and crappy about it. First of all, it was incredibly risky; she could have discovered the money missing and come back to confront me. It would have been a sticky situation. That didn't happen though. Instead, I got away with it clean, except for my conscience. For the last few years, I keep thinking about it and it really bugs me. It was a shitty thing to do and I wish I could apologize. What's funny is that this isn't the worst thing I ever did or anything, but for some reason, the guilty feeling over it just won't go away.
Do you have anything like that in your past that haunts you? Feel free to answer anon of course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ya know sweetie guilt is a way of saying your sorry. Your sorry so let it go.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Not really. I mean I have thought about doing stuff like that. But I know the guilt would make me sick. Guilt eats me alive!
    100

Answer by 100 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• When I was 20 I was using a fake ID that worked everywhere. I brought it with me on vacation to Miami. Of course the first place I go to, the guy looked at me and told me to sign my name like "I" had on my ID. It didn't work... they called the cops and I continued to lie about it (who knows why). The cop brought me aside and told me he didn't want to have to arrest me so he told me to just go away. I left.... but sometimes I will think about that moment and the anxiety gets to me and I feel super guilty lol.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• There are two ladies I can think of, that I was pretty close with at one point. We were good friends. I let both of them slide because other friends couldn't stand to be around them. I think about them often and about how I didn't have the guts to continue my friendship with them. I hate that I did that.
    Anonymous

• I feel bad about an incident a girl scout camp. There was a girl who had never been away from home. I joined with the other girls who called her a baby. She cried until she threw upo. I still feel bad. Ever since I have always stood up to bullies and tried to help the victims. I guess I did learn a lesson.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Make up for it karma wise.....give away double what you took.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011