Anyone familiar with high blood pressure?

At my exam yesterday, I was told I have high blood pressure.(150/100.) I have to go back in 2 weeks to have bloodwork done, to check my thyroid, sugar, etc. I have days where I just don't feel good, aches & pains,fatigue, etc. Anyone else that has HBP, & were you feeling any different than normal? The doc said I might have to take meds if my pressure is still high in 2 weeks, when I go back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• My husband has HBP and takes 2 medications to control it, he doesn't notice a difference. I had HBP when my thyroid went bad, I had a lot of symptoms but they were symptoms of having a bad thyroid, not HBP. I've heard of HBP being referred to as the silent killer because you don't know you have it unless you get checked.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• both my parents have it they have to take meds, it can be very scary but as long as you do what your doctor tells you, you'll be ok
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I don't know if your symptoms are related to your pressure(what is your physical condition?) But, in the next 2 weeks you need to focus on getting it down yourself..You need to cut out your sodium intake (salt) and start an exercise regiment. HBP is either from family or diet and stress..Whatever the case may be, if you are prescribed meds, you need to take them daily because in the long run it will protect your heart. HBP left untreated leads to an enlarged heart and other problems.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2008