I want to bring my computer.....

Due in June....and literally CAN NOT WAIT lol.....very tired of being pregnant at this point lol

I've started thinking about what I'm going to put in my bag to bring to the hospital (hubby suggested I start getting things ready now just in case I go into labor early...my daughter was premature)

I want to bring my computer lol....It might be HOURS between me going into labor and actually having the baby...why just sit there waiting when I could be getting in some CM time? (Yes...I'm THAT addicted lol) Hubby aint going for it though lol

Do you think this is a good idea?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, I think you should sit patiently and take in the glory of each contraction...LOL. You may not be able to focus even on a mindless game as much as you think but if it soothes you why not, I actually brought a nintendo DS for me and my husband, it didn't really get used but it was easy to pack
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Gonna be blunt... if he wants to switch roles, and shit out a watermelon then sure, he can say what gets packed and what doesn't!

This isn't about him :) He can get over it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• call your hospital to see if there will be a place to plug it in and if you will be able to get service. you should probably also ask if they have a room safe or somewhere you can put it if you go out for a walk or such.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i took my laptop XD when i had my second
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I did lol. brought my laptop with and was playing computer games, not on the internet but just to entertain me until the time.. that and a book for when the contractions got tough that way i didnt break anything haha
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with taking it!! You could listen to music, play games, watch a movie!! Very entertaing things!!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• LOL @hotelmom123....that was the best response ever..."take in the glory of each contraction" Classic. lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I was thinking about taking mine. I am not sure yet. I am due in Augest. I was going to use mine after the baby was born. I am addicted to facebook lol and I thought about taking it that way I can let all my friends and family that I had the baby and they will all be eger to see pictures of the baby so thought to take it to put a couple pictures up of the baby while in the hospital lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd take it . Even if you dont use it during labor you can while your recovering & waiting to go home.
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 2:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We just asked the midwife if she had wi-fi...not so much for me, but for hubby while I'm (hopefully!) relaxing. Plus it'd be nice to dash off a few immediate digital pics of baby just after birth.

We're taking ours!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011