What is your bedtime routine?

Trying to get our ten month old out of our bed and going to sleep on her own. What do you do?

Hazelnutkin

Asked by Hazelnutkin at 1:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• baths, brush teeth, read a book, drink of water, potty, and then tuck in the little one
    caseymarie

Answer by caseymarie at 1:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Haha.. you are going to love this...

If he/she gets out of there bed at night .. you have to get up and put them back in their bed. It's hard but after about 2 days she will stay in bed. If she doesn't stay in bed take something away. My son can't sleep without his night light. we tell him to stay in bed or that will get taken out. We've taken it out.. He will cry and be very sad. Only because we know this is something he can't sleep w/o we tell him we will only put this back in here if you stay in your bed. if you come out its gone!! He doesn't come back out!!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 1:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I give him a bath, then brush his teeth, relax for a few mins try the potty (were working on it) , he tells his DD his goodnights. I put him to bed and read him a book then I say my night nights.;
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She is ten months old. She doesn't get out of bed and she is nowhere near potty training. I'm guess you ladies have older kids. What did you do when they were under a year?
    Hazelnutkin

Comment by Hazelnutkin (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• well first sense she can't get out of her bed.. Put her in her bed.. put lullaby music or w.e you have that u use to sooth her.. then lay her in her bed. awake.. and let her cry and fall asleep. It 's no fun but it works!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My youngest is 8 months. When he's tired he falls asleep...where ever he is (usually on the floor while he's playing). If I see he's acting tired then I change him into his pajamas and put him in his crib and he goes to sleep.
    That's it. That's the only kind of routine I've ever had with my kids. He doesn't have a bedtime. He goes to sleep whenever (usually between 8-10pm most nights). He also naps whenever he feels like it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• read a book, brush teeth, cuddle for a few minutes, hugs and kisses, then put some soothing music on and put her in her bed. my son was still in a crib at that age so i would just put him in his crib with the soft music going and let him fall asleep on his own. if she cries, just let her.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I put my kids to bed at 8pm every night. No matter what age weekend or not. I give them a night light and give hugs and kisses and say good night. So give her a fav. stuff animal and lay her down with a night light and walk a way close the door a little bit. Same thing at nap time. The most important thing is when they are that young to still make noise around them dont be totally quite they need to be able to sleep while you are still doing your chores.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011