I need advice!

Hi-

I had a c section 3 weeks ago and now I have a flap of skin hanging over my incision. It's not saggy... it is tight skin but I'm wondering if this will ever go back? I had a tight flat tummy before I got pregnant. Anyone know if this will go back with lots of excercise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• That depends on if any muscles were cut in the process. I believe you can tighten it up eventually, but that is a big reason why alot of c-section moms get a tummy tuck. It's hard to do.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• here's some sites that may help...
    http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/archive_posts.asp?imBoard=62&imParent=1394002
    http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Tips-For-Exercise-After-C-Section&id=1506414
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 1:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My aunt Nancy had the flattest, tightest stomach ever before my cousin shane was born. She tried for YEARS to work it back to normal, but ended up getting a small procedure done to fix it. Now she's happy again! Do whatever it takes. See if there's a lotion that will help or certain moves that will work. Reasearch research!
    20sumstepmom

Answer by 20sumstepmom at 5:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Was your incision vertical or bikini cut? I had all three of my kids vertical incision ( from an exploded appendix when I was 16, they didn't want to weaken the abdominal wall any more) and if I could get my flat somach back I'd die happy! My mom had 1 c-section with a bikini cut and she has awesome ab muscles (she's 60 something). I'm still working on mine, my oldest will be driving soon.... :-(
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2008