Parenting Schedules..

Hello Mom's Stay at home, or working moms!
I want to know what your schedule is for your kiddos? I am really terrible at making and sticking to a schedule.. life seems so crazy at times, and well we travel A LOT.. So I'm looking for some good advice to the mum of a three and a half year old who needs to try something different!
thank youus <3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We really don't have a schedule. Right now, I only have a five year old, so we're pretty laid back. When baby number two comes in May, we'll try to get into more of a schedule. Currently, dd wakes up between 8 and 9am and we get our showers and get dressed, then have breakfast. We spend the morning playing/ straightening up. At 11:30am we have lunch and then at 12:30 (Monday-Wednesday) she heads off on the bus to preschool. I spend the afternoon cleaning house, running errands, napping (pregnancy fatigue, I'm SOOO tired). She gets back at 4:15 and we spend the afternoon coloring, playing, going outside if the weather is nice, etc. Dinner is between 6 and 7. We like to either watch a movie or play board games after dinner. Then about 8pm she gets into PJs, brushes teeth, we read a book and she heads to bed. I sub some, but her schedule remains the same, she just has a sitter in the AM when I'm working.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We've just started going to the library for story time on Wednesday mornings, so that's new to our schedule. Then Thursdays, she has physical therapy in the morning, we run errands for about an hour, then we go to a playgroup at noon. Head home and play/ chill. Friday's she has occupational therapy at 11:30am, so we chill at home, then head there, run back home and have lunch, then she has dance class at 2pm. We typically hit the grocery store on our way home, then back to playing/ working on the house. Weekends are a free for all!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My schedule for the week?

Wake up at 6:20 (used to be 6:30 but the older kids just weren't getting their stuff done in time) with breakfast, minus the 4 year old. She usually gets up ~7, because all she has to do is get clothes, shoes, and coat on. Leave at 7:30, drop older kids off at school, then off to take her to headstart. Drop her off ~8:10 (where she'll eat breakfast, then lunch), to be picked up ~11:30, and then off to older kids' school to pick up Kindergartener. Arrive home ~12:15, and feed K. Leave again ~3:05 to go pick up older 2 kids from school, arrive home ~3:50. Dinner ~5, and bed time ~8 (8:30 for oldest).

Wednesdays (usually), headstarter doesn't go to school, and Fridays older kids don't have school, so those days are adjusted to fit what needs to be done.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I live in my van...come on mid-May!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2011