Metabolism is sooo high.How to gain some weight

I weigh 86-89 and I'm 4'11" my metabolism is so high, my mom is 5'6" and weighs 120 so that's where I get it from. But I'm trying to gain weight and I know you have to ovulate and have a certain amount of body fat and I would like to gain 20 pounds but healthy though I don't want to load up on fast food and fried foods. Do you think I can even conceive and carry a baby to full term? My periods are 26-40 days. Help please?!?!

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You'll need to make sure you're eating enough while you're pregnant. Introduce more healthy fats and proteins to your diet, such as olive oil, avocado, peanut and other nut butters, nuts, etc. You don't want fatty meats, because the fat on meat is saturated fat, which contributes to heart disease. You can also consume more calories from beverages like juice, which at least have some vitamins available. You can also see a nutritionist, who can give you some good ideas of healthier higher calorie foods. Avoid saturated and trans fats for sure, but there are plenty of calorie-dense foods that are healthy that will help you gain some weight. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think musicpisces hit them all.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have to echo Musicpisces.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011