2 1/2 year old and back talking!!!

How do I get her to stop! She is constantly back talking me no what punishment I give her for it! what should I do?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Send her to time out, and ignore her.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 8:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm in the same boat..ds has to have the last word...it a thing on dh's side of the family..drives me insane when she does it..and it's all the time!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Toddlers learn from example. She is seeing and hearing disrespect so that is how she thinks it is done. Start with your own language and monitor the language of others who help care for her. Use YOUR manners, be polite, and use nice words around her. When she says something that is unnacceptable, correct her gently such as: "We say ......" Bottom line - at 2 1/2 she is not the one to blame for this behavior. The person or persons teaching it to her are.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 3:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Does she have older sib. that she might get it from? She's an older two yr. old and she going to get more mouthy. My kids were all grest at two never had that terable two stage then when they started to get closer to 3yr. is when they would get the two stage. Start with the time out and tell her why shes getting the time out.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011