How much harder is it to lose baby weight after the second?

I had no problems after the first. I was back in my jeans the same week and lost an additional 15 lbs. without even trying. I wonder if this time is going to be a whole different story. I am 34 which probably won' help matters!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it took me shorter with the second than the first.. but when i had my 3rd it took me a year longer!!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I never had any problems losing the weight. Even with my 5th, I was under my pre pregnancy weight within a week. But it was the body getting back in to shape that too longer! The belly took longer and longer to go back each time - after my 5th it was almost 6 months before I felt comfortable enough to wear a bikini again (but since she was born at the end of the summer, I had all winter so it was no big deal!)

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I found it easier to lose the weight after my second. After I had my first I swelled up like a balloon and actually gained more weight before I started to lose. With my second I walked out of the hospital weighing less than I did before I had gotten pregnant with my second. And continued to lose until I was back to my pre pregnancy weight before my first in no time. I guess it truly depends on the person.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I NEVER fully lost the weight from the first before I got pregnant with the second, but after my second, I dropped weight a lot more easily. We will see how I do after the third! I have gained SOOOO much weight this time! Yikes!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011