I am annoyed. Just venting...

My son is 16. He's been seeing the same doctor since he was about 7. I just had him there about a month ago for an URI. I had him scheduled for a few well visits but I had to cancel them either due to me being sick, not being able to get there....or some other issue. I just got a dismissal letter from the doctor and I have to say I was very surprised. I just found him a new PCP but I thought this was wrong what they did. They could have least spoken to me about it. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• They should have talked to you BEFORE. Some Dr offices today have very specific rules to follow or they just drop you. Its wrong in my opinion but they just do it anyways.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think you should have at least gotten a warning first.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would be upset, particularly if you gave them proper notice of the cancellations!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would be upset my doctor did the same thing to me so i know how it feels
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Based on what you said, I think what they did was wrong. The only thing I can think of is that when you missed the appointments you either cancelled the same day or just didn't show up which meant the doctor was not able to rebook your time slot. I'd call the dr and see what their reasoning is.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I called the office and I am awaiting their response. It's been almost 2 hours! At this point, I think they have just proven how unprofessional if not unethical they really are!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I work in a dr's office...our policy is 1st no show, we let it slide....2nd we send you a bill for $25....3rd we no longer take you as a patient.... but all of these apply if you NO CALL/NO SHOW.... at our office, we are scheduled out 6-7 weeks in advance, and always have people on the cancellation list... so it's a courtesy thing... but if you called to cancel your appts, and everything like that, then I have no idea why they would have dropped you..... good thing you were able to find another though, sounds like the one you were using isn't very considerate...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I must live out in the sticks because I've never heard of a doctor doing this.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011