What kind of cleaning do you do after your kids are sick?

I usually make sure all the clothes and blankets that were out while we/they were sick are washed, wash and change the bedding, and make sure all the trash that was generated while we were sick goes out.

After that I lysol the bare mattresses and pillows, handles, and the couch.

Oh! And do the toilets!!!

I still feel like there are germs everywhere though!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• I used to wipe everything down in the house that can be touched with a bleach solution AND Lysol disinfectant spray. LOL I still do if the hubby or I get sick. Better safe than sorry. Germs and virus's can live for days on surfaces.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• that soundsabout thesame stuff i do
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't do any special cleaning.
    Anonymous

• i use lysol ,bleach etc and wash sheets blankets etc. also if it is strep i bleach the dishes they used so it does not spread or come back and make sure i rinse everything well to since it is bleach. i even go as far as lysol the door handles etc.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I do all of the above. While they are sick I change pillow cases every single day. Before we got the toothbrush sanizers I threw out toothbrushed too. They are a HUGE way people get reinfected with Flu , colds and strep.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The beds, light switches, door handles, faucets, the remote, phones, computer stuff... anything that's being touched by multiple people! Lysol spray is amazing.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 11:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I use Lysol 4-in-1 cleaner to clean the counters and such and Lysol Disinfectant Spray to spray the rooms; and if they had a fever I will wash the bedding
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011