Thoughts??

ok i need an opinion.... i have 2 boys 22 mnths and 3.5 years old... i have a cousin who has a son who recently turned 7 ... my cousins son has always had a behavorial problem.. pretty much abusing and teasing my kids especially my older one.. my cousin tends to blame everyone else for her sons behavior..i only stay in touch with her bc of the family factor otherwise no way.. the other day she came over with her son and the kids all played unexpectedly well together .. after they left my older son came up to me with a swollen lip.. when i asked him what happened he said his cousin did it by pulling on it.. i texted my cousin ( against better judgement bc i knew nothing would come of it anyway) to let her know what happened... she said to me no he said he didnt do it.. so i asked ds again and he repeated the same story.. so i said to her well i asked him again and he says he did it .. ( now im not looking for the kid to be sent to jail just for his mother to take responsibility and perhaps apologize like the rest of us ..) she then proceeds to tell me that my 2 yr old must have done it bc i quote " hes a bully" ( i wasnt aware 2 yr olds could be bullies) and that her son says he didnt do it but shes sure it was the little one.. now just another aside as all siblings go my older son has no problem tattling on his younger brother.. so i said to her well i dunno when he became a bully but he didnt say N . im not trying to place blame im just trying to figure out what happened.. she then texted me back.. well should we take him to the hospital.... i didnt respond back bc my next message wouldve been a flurry of curses which i was hoping to avoid... i dont think i was wrong in addressing the situation to her ... any thoughts ?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am a firm believer there is no reason to keep in touch with someone just because they are "family" - If I were you, this would be the last time I let her come over or her sound around my son - period!!! and for her to be a complete brat like is isn't called for.. you know how the son acts, don't let him around your sons when you know she will make excuses for his behavior -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think you were right in talking to her about it. And you know your son best, so you would know if he was a bully. And kids that age don't really know how to lie.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have family that are like that with their kis. Well, not MY family,but their SOs. All you can really do is not have them around
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You weren't wrong. You did what you felt was necessary. We have to always make protecting our kids our top priority. I would have probably not asked her about it, I would have just resolved to never again let the 7 year old BULLY play with my kids unless I was right there watching every move he made. I can't believe she said your 2 year old was the bully, some people just don't really listen to themselves talk. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Maybe you shouldnt let them play together anymore. It seems like too much drama.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• That just shows the problem with communicating via text and emails about problems. If you had called her up you two could have discussed it and probaly worked it out. Tones and voice inflections do not come through on a text and she just might have taken your texts the wrong way. Pick up the phone and call her, it's not worth driving a wedge between you two.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011