6 weeks preggo is hr 92 normal?

I went to the doctors today for my first prenatal visit. According to my last period i should be about 8 weeks pregnant. I had a sono done and according to that I was measuring at just 6 weeks. Then the doctor told me the baby's hr was only 92 bpm which he said is really low. He said it should be about 150 bpm and basically told me that my baby has a 50/50 chance of surviving. Has this ever happened to any else before and if so what was the outcome?

Alyssa646

Asked by Alyssa646 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My guy's was always really high, I'm so sorry to hear about your (potentially) bad news. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I am sorry to hear that. Just make sure your not under any stress and eat well and maybe the baby can bring it up.
    Anonymous

• I never heard of somthing like that ever,

I wish you luck and i wish you the best,

Remember the doctors are not always correct and they could have got a bad signal, and your little one could be just as perfect as you or i ,
    Im praying that is the case!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• kinda same thing happened to me. I should have also been at LEAST 8 weeks and I only measured 6 weeks and the HR was 122 which my DR said was low also. If you wanna talk you can message me, becuase I am a little worried my self. sorry i cant tell you a potential outcome, just wanted to let you know your not the only one this is going on with
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm not sure about the HR, sorry. As for how far a long you are, every womens cycle is different, and Drs only go on the standard 28 day cycle, and 14 day of cycle conception. But some women dont ovulate until later or earlier. So I wouldnt worry too much about that. My Drs kept telling me I was a week off with my son, but I know my ovulation dates and knew I was right. They ended up correcting their dates to match mine :) Good luck
    shorti3287

Answer by shorti3287 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2008