My 3 year old has tons of energy

My son is 3 . He has literally gotten this energy like crazy.. he could use like hours at a park or something.. but in tell the weather gets nice out, were stuck inside.. what to do??

Crafts.. I don't have enough to keep him busy, They don't burn off energy..
he loves finger paint, But we can't do that all the time!! we'll run out of it all :(

What am i missing ???

He love's watching movies.. but then he just sits there (where his energy doesn't go anywhere) :( He has a ton what can i do?

He also has a sinus infection so we are NOT going outside at this time!!

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe try an indoor playground once in awhile if there are any in your area... i try to tkae my kids there every couple of weeks so they can run around.. and if its within ur budget maybe sign him up for a class or 2 for his age.. my 3. 5 yr old does tae kwon do and gymanstics.. it breaks up the week and gives him something to look forward too.. i cant wait for nice weather either lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• buy him some kind of game that will hook up to the tv that requires him to move. if you have a wii or the x-box thing, then find him a game to play. or just make him run around in circles or something lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• lol... My son is the SAME WAY!! he's 3-1/2 and can't sit still for long - we made up the game "RUN" where he gets to run from one side of the room and touch the chair and see how fast he can get to the other side and touch the wall ...we also bring him to like MccDonalds play land area or the Community Center to run and play or we swim there together, what about the museum, I know its hard at home in the winter and you are probably looking for more day to day things but.. I live in MN So I know all too well about being cooped up.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• ADHD?
    RAVENRABIT

Answer by RAVENRABIT at 4:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• no. just a very high energy boy!!
    Mrs.Ro

Comment by Mrs.Ro (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Maybe an exercise program on TV that you can do together?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011