Why do I always feel guilty?

Okay, so I've been married for 4 years. This friday will be the 6th time I'm actually going out with my girlfriends for dinner. I never like going out because I miss my son and if I do want to go out I usually want a date night with my hubby. He works and goes out alot more than me so why do I feel bad for leaving them home when i only do it like once every six months??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• im not sure why u feel guilty but u shouldnt! going out once in awhile with girlfriends for dinner is not a bad thing.. youre not out barhopping every weekend taking your top off... you need some you time too.. dont ever feel guilty about that
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i feel guilty if i go out shopping by myself sometimes!! altho i shouldnt!!! i need a break every once in awhile.. you have no reason to feel guilty ..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 2:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think it's just the way some of us are made. If I go out to dinner with some of my friends, even though it is now just me and my hubby at home, I still make sure I have his dinner prepared and that it is left where he can easily find it. I think it's just a sign of how committed we are to our husbands and families, but it is refreshing to get to spend some time with just the girls. My hubby never goes out with the guys, except for every once in a while with our sons and son-in-law. And he also doesn't object to my going out with my friends. I would just rather spend the time with him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You shouldn't feel guilty time for you is good
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 3:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Don't feel guilty. We all need time alone and time to laugh and let our hair down every now and then. So enjoy your girls night out!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You feel guilty because not only is it a "woman" thing, but you are a mother. Women look at everything, for the most part, from an emotional aspect as well as psychological. Men tend to think in "job" mode; they don't carry the babies in their bodies nor nurture the kids, relationships, or themselves. Learn now that you need time for you to be the best possible wife and mother. Do not feel guilty; you have a right and a need to go out, get together with friends. As you do so, it should get easier and easier for you and, hopefully, guilt-free! Date-night is a good idea, too, but it should not replace your time to be alone or with friends.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 5:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• think of it as a time to re-energize to be the best mom and wife. We all need this time to ourselves. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011