So, how does this lighter period thing work?

Since having my daughter, I am on a new birth control (the NuvaRing) and I love it! I only have one real concern, and that is my periods.

It says on the package to expect lighter periods...and man are they ever! I went from a 5-6 day period to 3 days!

My concern is...how does that work? Do I just not build up as much lining in my uterus as I previously did? Is it healthy to bleed so little? Is my system getting the full clean out that the period is intended for?

I know I should ask my doctor, heh, but I figured I would ask here first and see if you ladies could ease my concerns. If not, then I will ask him :)

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 2:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• i had the nuva ring before i got pregnant and i loved it as well. i also got lighter periods and i stoped having bad cramping too. my doctor told me that it was normal and i had nothing to worry about
    Amanda90

Answer by Amanda90 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2008