Do you get mad at SO for going out afterwork?

Going out to happy hour or getting together with coworkers after work when s/he could be coming home to spend time with you and your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes i do! It is not fair that I am stuck in the house all day watching the kids and cooking and cleaning while he's at work all day doing adult things and then gets to go out after work too. I luckily have my husband trained enough that he knows better. He knows not to go out unless I have been able to go out that week or he will only go out if i am able to come with.
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 2:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No, I wouldn't like it unless it was VERY occasional.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 2:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes if it was a once a week or more thing- and I am not given advanced notice : )
    No, if it is a once in a while and I know in advance.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• absolutely not.

but we both work outside the home and understand how important family is.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i get upset when my hubby goes out every once in awhile but i know it's cause i never get to go out but that is really my fault so i try not to hold it against him. so i think your feeling upset about is dead on. i wouldn't like it during the week at all and if he did it like once a week i think that is to much. like maybe once a month. i wouldn't like my hubby drinking either for so many other issues that really bug me but not sure why. we don't drink anyway but he used too so if he did again that would not fly with me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i wouldnt get mad. he works hard and deserves to have fun. in fact, i encourage him to go out more. and he is always more than happy to stay at home so i can go out. i dont have to "train" my husband. we have more respect for each other than that.
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 2:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yes i get mad...i work all day and have to go home to kids that start asking for things before we are even in the door and have to do dinner, baths etc by myself....i dont get to go out much and when i do its with my s/o. i need some me time too! lol
    dreamer_8568

Answer by dreamer_8568 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No i dont get mad when he tells me he is going.... they have doller beer night every wednesday at one of the bars and he usually does that and I dont mind at all but he is kinda bad at letting me know but I usually get the point when he doesnt come home on time..... but a once a week thing I dont mind a bit he works hard he should get to go if I was able to go or wanted to he would let me.
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• it bothers me very much, because he doesn't go out for just a normal happy hour. he tends to make a night of it. everytime he calls and says he's going out with friend and will be home around 9 or 10 it ends up being 3 or 4 in the morning.
    Anonymous

• My husband never goes out with friends or coworkers, and I wish he would. I get the chance to go out with friends on occassion and always feel guilty because he never goes out himself. I definitely wouldn't want it to be an everyday occurance, but once a week would be fine with me.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008