Painful Hemorroids need help! TMI warning. adult content

I first got hemorroids back when I had my son almost 9 years ago. Not long after I had him they seemed to go away. They didn't reappear even after my daughter was born 22 months later. However, a few years ago they started popping up on and off. Nothing major for the most part. I had a few painful ones that lasted a few days but prep H, tucks pads and warm soaks resolved it.
Now they're back and with a vengence. They popped up right before my period last month. I've had them for about 5 weeks now. They got to the point where they popped out really bad, swollen, sore and bleeding. I had my doctor look at it about 3 weeks ago. She told me to keep doing what I was doing and it should clear up. She said I had several of them (I guess more than most people). Last Tuesday I called her and she called in a script for ProcoFoam. It took awhile but it did help with the incredible pain, burning, bleeding and swellling. Problem is after a bowel movement they get inflamed all over again. Ive bulked up the fiber in my diet and my stools are relly soft. The burning is back again too. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm soaking them 3-5 times a day, tucks pads, witch hazel, high fiber, perscription. I'm at my witts end. I can't function normally and want to cry. The only thing giving me hope is that the script has made it more tolerable. I just want them to go away and I will be better at maintaining things so they don't come back again.
Can anyone offer help or even another prescription choice that will numb the burning pain and possible help with the swellling? The ProctoFoam cost me $67 and I can't refill it. We don't have that kind of money. The doctor hasn't returned my call today and she doesn't have an available appt until the middle of next week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• If they have treated it and they aren't going away, it's time to look for a surgical option.

I would get back in to your doc and get some action.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Man, I bet they're a pain in the ass...HA!
    Sorry to hear that momma, I've never had'em. Here's a bump, wishful recovery.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ask the Dr. if they have that scrip in samples! I always do this, you would be amazed! Also look up the scrip online, and see if it's available generically, or ask your pharmacist! if so, ask your Dr. to write the scrip for the generic version.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree on the surgical. I read they can just rubberband them off sometimes, so it might be a simple procedure like that. You're doing everything you can do at home. I would call your doctor, and stay off you feet. Gravity is not easy on them, I know.
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 3:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011