I have a breastfeeding question for seasoned breastfeeding mamas.The boy has gottin in teeth.OH MY.LOL

HELP!!
He just turned 6 months old.Within the past couple weeks, 3 teeth..count them....1..2...THREE TEETH have popped in on my little guy.
He has begun biting.HARD.
OUCH!!! O.M.G.

What do I do? Is there a way I can get him to stop.
I think I may have to switch to formula. I can't take it! lol
And Pumping just doesnt work out for me on a full time basis. Been there tried that with the other kiddos.

Okay..so..some advice from those that have been there is needed.WHAT DO I DO? WHAT CAN I DO?

Thankyou bunches!!!

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Firmly tell him, but don't shout it, "No biting! That hurts mommy", and end the feeding. Do this each time. He will soon notice that a nibble=mealtime over. Keep in mind that if he's biting, he's not actively nursing. See if you can notice when he stops actively nursing, and take him off BEFORE he bites. This isn't something that requires a change in feeding methods, unless you WANT to switch. If you want to keep nursing, you just need to teach him manners, he'll get it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• every tim he bites take him off the nipple and tell him no biting or say oww. Wait a minute place him back on and continue to do the cycle. He will know if he bites he doesnt get his milk
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• This is what I did. As soon as she bit, I unlatched her, told her no and then offered the breast again. If she bit, I repeated and added, that hurts mommy.

Eventually they learn that if they bite, they don't get food.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I remember that. My daughter was 7 months. It is a pain that shoots right through you. I stopped nursing her shortly after. I couldn't take it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I stopped the nursing session then and there each time. I would put the baby on the floor and not look at him for a few minutes. It works, because they learn that they can't bite if they want food.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Put him down. It isn't funny, and he won't think so when you put him away from you. I always said 'ow" really loud, and put them right onto the floor. Often they are shocked, and it only takes a couple times before they realize that game isn't much fun. Good luck- no need to switch to formula now, you're doing a good job!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I do that automatically..he thinks its funny,LOL...little booger!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have a friend who bit her DD's finger and let her know that it hurt. Her DD never bit again and she self weaned about 3 mos later at 9 mos. I don't personally have experience with this b/'c I pumped for 7 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always screamed like they were killing me and put them down. I don't understand mommies who smother the scream. If that isn't enough unlatch them flick them in the cheek with one finger and then walk off and leave them sitting on the floor. None of this one minute stuff. Or "you hurt mommy" stuff. Of course they are going to laugh at that. You sit there wondering why lunch is over for about 20 minutes and then we will see who thinks it is funny. Also watch for signs that they are bored and unlatch before they bite. 

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011