My one year old is sensitive to disney movies?

My 3 year old daughter loves to watch disney movie, but they seem to scare my little one. In all disney movies their tends to be some type of villian or bad guy and she get so terrified that she runs and hides her face in something and sobs. What do I do so that my 3 year old can watch her disney movies, but my one year old doesn't get upset?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww poor thing!!! u can separate them or sit with her and tell her that its just a movie or explain y he is a bad guy and who the good guy is and the bad guy normally dies so u can tell her when he goes byebye! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Separate them while watching movies.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always thought disney movies we're a little rough, I was horrified when I excitedly put on Peter Pan for my LO and heard something about slitting throats. Ugh, I would just have here go in a different room, is that possible?
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• have your 3 yr old watch them when the other one is napping, or take your little one into another room and play with him.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always wondered why they had to make them so terrifying. They really don't need the bad parts. Have the 3 year old watch them when the baby is sleeping.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My grandmother, when I would get upset about something on tv or a movie, would explain that it isn't real and that all the people are just actors and they are acting out the movie. She started out in a way a small child could understand, of course, and never put anything violent or gory on for me naturally. It helped me feel better, so she says.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My son is 3 1/2 and I'm still nervous to let him watch them... I think he'd love the lion king- but then I think of the elephant graveyard and when simbas dad is kIlled- I think I'll wait another year or sobefore he watches them.

Maybe let Dd watch while baby is napping?
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i was scared of sleeping beauty. disney movies probably aren't that healthy anyways, but it's still a part of our growing up that we like to share. watching them now, the things i pick up on i can't believe they were allowed in the house.
    watching them during nap time is the best idea i've seen

gl
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 3:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my daughter loves disney movies. maybe find something similar for your 3 year old to watch that isnt a disney movie. like my daughter has madagascar movies. or pixar movies!
    mommato2burds

Answer by mommato2burds at 3:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011