2 kid vs 3 kids?

What was the hardest adjustment, biggest surprise, biggest worry, best part and/or best surprise going from 2 to 3 children?
Thanks:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 3:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I went from 1 child to 3 because I had twins. It's HARD. I would imagine it's HARD even with just two. But I think as time goes by and they get more independent and you get used to doing everything with 3, you adjust and things work out :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's hard because there are more kids than adults. You are outnumbered! But it's great.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• All of my friends with more than 2 kids tell me that the hardest adjustment was going from one kid to two. After you have two kids it doesn't matter if you have 3 or 10, it won't be as hard as going from one to two. But seeing as I only have two.....I don't have any experience, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I started out the gate with 2 children - I had twins 1st. Personally I didn't find the transition from 2 to 3 or even 3 to 4 hard at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I only have two kids so I obviously can't make a fair decision but I had and am still having an awful time adjusting to having two kids. Although i love my youngest son dearly I am constantly obsessing over if my older boy is feeling left out or less loved. I find myself missing the one on one time I had with my first son. For me a family of 3 is so great but I wanted my son to have a sibling. And of course i love my newest little addition tremendously. So in short, I can't imagine that anything would be harder than going from 1 -2 ...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I didn't find the transition from 2 to 3 any different
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 3:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had a bigger adjustment from 2 to 3 than I did 1 to 2-because you are outnumbered- going on vacation was a harder-going out to eat etc.. but it is great- I actually would love to have another- but three keeps you very busy- all under the age of six!! have fun and enjoy >
    DMJ3

Answer by DMJ3 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You don't have enough hands any more. My husband described it as going from man-on-man defense to zone defense, which I immediately got the analogy even though I am not a sports person.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 5:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• 2 to 3. One was nothing, two was nothing, three kicked my ass for three months. You need a bigger car, a bigger house, more time, more food, more everything.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011