Best dog food?

We have a Saint Bernard that is almost a year but we have to feed him large breed puppy food till he is 2 years. He has a sensitive stomach and we feed him Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy food but his tummy is very sensitive what's a good dog food for large breed puppy and for sensitive stomach?

bellaambru90

Asked by bellaambru90 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pets

• Blue Buffulo is good, I would just swtich to the Blue Buffullo Large breed adult when it is time. Since he is used to that brand.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I use to feed Blue Buffalo and then switched to Orijen. I love it. NO gas, no problems and my dog seems to be doing better on it. Orijen is a little more than Blue . Also Authority Baked I guess had had good marks. I have feed all of them.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Blue Buffalo is a good brand. Is there a reason you want to switch? There are many high quality brands of dog food. It is good that you want to keep him on large breed puppy as it will have the correct ratio of calcium and phosphorus for proper growth. Once he is off the puppy food, you can either switch to a large breed adult or all-life stage food. I prefer Taste of the Wild for my dogs (adult Shelties; 25lbs and 40lbs). It is all-life stages and grain-free. It is fairly priced, too. I pay around $45 for 30lbs (BB Wilderness, which is BB's grain-free line runs about $50 for 26lbs) and it lasts 6 wks. There are 4 different formulas that I change with each bag. Here is a website that rates almost every brand of dry dog food there is: www.dogfoodadvisor.com. Once you see something on there you like, you can go to the manufacturer's website to where if there is a store local to you that sells it.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• purine dog food . and pup treats .
    sugarsmom2

Answer by sugarsmom2 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011