HOW DO I GET MY SON TO USE THE POTTY?

Singlemother1

Asked by Singlemother1 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Girl! I have been there! I have an autistic step son so it was unusually difficult.

We kept little toys next to his potty in a basket, we offered him a sticker every time he sat on the potty, and if he used the potty he would get a dum dum sucker.

Now about six months later (reminder he is autistic) he is potty trained and no longer requires all the bells and whistles.

Good luck!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• the only thing that worked with my son was to let him run around the house in underwear instead of a diaper. he went in his pants twice and didn't like the feeling when there was no diaper to absorb the wetness. then he started using the potty.
    Anonymous

• Depends on how ready he is to go on the potty. If he isn't ready I personally don't belive that you can make him go. He will train when his body tells him he is ready to learn.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 6:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008