Switching from cow based to soy based..

im switching my baby from cow based formula to soy based formula.. does anyone know if there is a certain way to do this?

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 3:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, why are you switching? Is it the pediatricians recommendation? Our pediatrician had us to switch my daughter's formula to soy and I can't say that it made a whole lot of difference for her. But, if you do switch, our pediatrician said it is best to do it all at once.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• yes pediatrican said to... i hope it works for us thanks
    datgurlmeggy

Comment by datgurlmeggy (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Depending on the reasons, I'd say to switch cold turkey. If she stomachs the milk based fine, you can finish off the old stuff first, but if not, then go straight for the soy. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Please read up on Soy before giving this to your baby.
    DH and I discussed it when our Pedi suggested we go with soy, and we decided on Almond Milk. Its worked perfect for us and DS loves it ! :)
    Good Luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure either, but I wanted to let you know that often, someone who is intolerant to cow milk, can also be intolerant to soy. That doesn't mean don't try it, but just be aware.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had to switch my dd when she was a baby.The doc. told me to just switch.But make sure you take ur baby to the doc first.You can hurt ur babys health if its not needed to be switched.
    ozzydane

Answer by ozzydane at 12:16 AM on Mar. 26, 2011