Brain pain adult content

I feel like I have eye strain and theirs no reason for that to happen and lately its been getting worse. I've also noticed some slight pain back of my head and feel out of focused and basically a little paniced cause I dont know whats wrong. My doctor won't help me I need to cough up shitloads of money to get any help. The er will just look at me funny if I go in their. I feel like somethings definlty not right. 5 yrs ago I came home form the hospital from pneumonia I was really bad. I finally came home and that very same day I just all of a sudden had this emmense burning sensation hit the back of my neck,and my head hurt more than anything I've ever experienced. I puked really hard a few times,and then I layed down and eventually went to sleep. I think I should've gone back to the hospital but I never did. I also hit my head when I was 16 I blacked out completely When I woke up I didnt know who,what or where I was or what was going on. I know you laides aren't doctors and I know I shouldnt be asking you guys but could a really bad headache be a stroke sign? My grandma had strokes numerous time but I dont know what she went through the first few times. I wonder if I damaged my brain and now I'm having problems 25 yrs later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• You really should get checked out. It could be something such as you are sleeping in a position that messes with your neck, or a bunch of other problems. Get it checked out as soon as you can so you don't need to worry about it anymore.

Answer by Bmat at 3:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds kind of like migraine headache. I learned a trick for migraines....mine are caused by tension in the back of my head, at the base of my skull. If you feel back at the base of your skull, where your spine meets it and squeeze a little right there at the nape of your neck, does it feel tender? If this is the case, lie down in a dark room. Fold your hands together so the fingers are entwined and thumbs can touch each other. Cup your hands behind your head, and use the thumbs to apply pressure to each side of the vertebrae at the base of your skull. If you lie like that for 15-20 min, you should feel quite a bit better. You might also put a cool, damp washcloth over your eyes while you do this. In the future if you feel these symptoms coming on, you can use over the counter migraine medicine. Generally the sooner you take it the better. My prescription meds cost $10 a month. Good luck!
    Jules13736

Answer by Jules13736 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had so much more to say....if you have any other symptoms, especially weakness in one side or the other, you need to go to the ER. Weakness or paralysis on one side are symptoms of stroke.
    Jules13736

Answer by Jules13736 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had a stroke when I was 38, 1 week after giving birth to my dd. The answer to all your questions is yes, you need to go to the er and let them know your history, and family history. Stress how much pain you are in, take someone with you, to talk for you if possible. They can't refuse services based on ability to pay. pm me if you want more info, They should do a cat scan, at the very least. Good luck and God Bless.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• well you're not having brain pain love. your brain has no nerve endings so it cannot hurt. swollen blood vessels can hurt. and yes there is a good chance you tweaked your neck
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011