• In the Spotlight:

If I have light brown hair and light brown eyes, and the father has black hair and dark brown eyes, what colors could our son's hair and eyes be?

laa.wera

Asked by laa.wera at 3:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You won't know until he comes out. You could both be carring recessive genes for say blue eyes and he'll have blue eye but there is no way to know for sure. Both my husband and I were born with brown eyes. Our son was born with blue and now they are greyish green.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• No way to know just from that. My hubby and I have the same mix as you, and our son has light brown hair and blue eyes. So you never know.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• any color
    I have blue eyes and the only other family member with blue eyes is my grandfather, my mom's dad. My mom and dad both have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Brown eyes and brown hair are tied to dominant genes. I think it is the darker they are the more dominant they are. It has been a long time since biology class. In all reality your child may come out with hazel eyes if any of the grandparents had blue or green eyes!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Any color! Generally people with blond hair and blue eyes can only have blond haired blue eyed kids, but people with dark eyes and hair can be hiding all kinds of recessive genes behind their dark coloring. DH has brown hair and brown eyes, and I have brown hair and green eyes. Four of our kids have brown hair and brown eyes, but the baby is blue-eyed and blond.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Any color is possible. Genetics go back Many generations. I have hazel eyes & brown hair & my DH had dark brown hair & dark brown eyes & my Son has bright blue eyes and when he was born his hair was red and it turned to dark blonde. So you never know!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Could go any way. My grandparents are both dark haired and eyed. My mom is blonde hair blue eyed, Aunt is dar haired and eyed, my uncle has red hair and dark eyes. I'm sure your baby will be beautiful no matter the hair/eye color.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure. My youngest had the prettiest blond hair when he was a baby,but it turned dark when he got older,my husband has dairk hair and I have red hair. I never thought I'd have blond little boy. but it was so darling and he had these cute little curls ='[ I miss it so much.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It is one giant genetic crap shoot. Hubby has dark brown hair and hazel/brown eyes and I am strawberry blonde with blue eyes....HS genetics states that our children should have the dominate brown/brown combo. But no - our twins - both have blue eyes meaning somewhere in Hubby's gene pool he carries that recessive gene. One has red hair - again - that giant recessive gene pool - and the other has blondish hair that has darkened with age. Our daughter has mousy brown hair and hazel eyes and our youngest son has mousy brown/dark blond hair and beautiful brown eyes.....so those dominate genes came out with our youngest 2 children. But you never know what recessive genes will come out in the end. I LOVE this very HUMAN trait!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We had a red head.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 7:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011