Bio Mom is back in jail and probably pg. My next move?

My (soon to be adopted) son's bio mom is back in jail and has missed her period. This would be her 4th child. I am sure CPS will take this one (if there is one) immediately. Hope do I get him/her from the start? I don't want him/her in the system.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Adoption

• Speak to the your social worker and see what he/she has to say about the situation. They will be able to give you the best advice. Good luck!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes you should start working on the papers now. You probably already know how long this usually takes for the process to go through. If you start processing the paperwork now...you may have the opportunity to be there at the birth. Its so wonderful of you to try and keep your new son with his blood sibling. *hugs*

Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• thank you both so much.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would ask about the child. unborn or not. it needs to be protected. and knowing if you can get it would help you feel better
    mommato2burds

Answer by mommato2burds at 3:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• yeah i would talk to the social worker and start getting the paperwork started
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would speak with a social worker and the bio mom about starting adoption now or you being able to foster the infant until adoption can be done. If they (CPS) already have a plan in store "if she is pregnant" it will be less work for them in the end cause they already have a home for the baby. You are wonderful to keep those babies together...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! Hope it all works out for you and the babies!!!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Even if you have had prior children taken away, CPS can't remove new additions right away. So unless she is incarcerated while giving birth, it may not be that simple. Also, you don't know that CPS is going to just give you the baby either. They may have people that have been waiting longer with the county. They don't always care about keeping siblings together, especially if they don't have the same parents. I've seen this first hand. I'd wait and see what happens.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Talk to your caseworker. I was fostering a child when his sister was born. The caseworker removed that child and placed her with me. BUT and this is a big BUT,,, because the BM signed off on the first two, when the third was born, she was in a shelter for unwed moms and was allowed to keep her! Now that child is almost three, and living with me, because BM cant care for her, and there is no family. I am working on getting guardianship, but CPS isnt involved with this child. Assuming your soon to be adopted child is in CPS custody, I doubt you can keep this one from being in custody if they choose to take it into custody, unless birth mom agrees to let you adopt it from the very beginning and you have it in place at birth.
    tns87

Answer by tns87 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with the others they have given some really good advice
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Social Worker
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2011