The common sense of toddlers..

some things she gets so well. i'm sitting here watching her try to shove a giant nesting block inside of a small one (they're hollow and open on one end so they stack inside of each other like those european dolls for storage) and it boggles my mind. i also have a hard time getting what's so hard about "which of these things is not like the others". i understand that their minds are developing and don't put things together quite yet, but these things just seem so common sense. and not realizing that if they don't fit somewhere once, screaming and pursuing won't change it. it's not that hard to go around.

she's smart enough to tell me "uh-huh" just to get me to stop talking and let her have her way. which drives me nuts too

what crazy silly things do your kids do?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 4:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter shaved our cat today...
    mommato2burds

Answer by mommato2burds at 4:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• lmao at mommyto2burds .. my daughter once took the scissors to her bangs! lucky for her her moms a stylist :)

OP- commonsense to toddlers isn't like common sense inadults. she'll get it, but help her put, it's a learned concept, not one they are born with.

my daughter assumed since she could color on paper and mommy though t it was pretty lets color on the wall!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• that's an argument my grandmother has. we told her that it's ok to color paper and people. my grandma throws a fit every time she has the slightest bit of marker on her legs
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011