what home rememdies would work to unstop my nose?

i cannot breathe, my nose is so stopped up, so much pressure, my face hurts. I cannot get any medicine right now, will anything work from home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• Make your own "saline" solution: salt water. Make it a little warm and put a couple drops in your nose. Then blow your nose - It works really well. I hope you feel better soon!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Neti pot!! Love that danged thing
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yes neti pot. very helpful
    Anonymous

• Dont use table salt if you make your own solution to flush your nose out. It has things in it that are harsh. You need to use pickling salt. My dr. told me this after I had sinus surgery & had to irragate my nose multiple times a day. It comes in a big box.
    Anonymous

• another thing to try - sit in the bathroom with the steamy hot shower running. the steam building up in the room can help your congestion.

or vicks vapo rub.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 3:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008