Say what?!

ok. my daughter was 2 weeks early and 9lbs 3 oz. enduced labor. and all natural. should i ask my doctor to pay close attention to the babies weight this pregnancy and if it gets past 8 pounds hace a c-section?

mommato2burds

Asked by mommato2burds at 4:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would definitely talk to my doctor about it
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• if that's what you want hun. i have a friend who chose c sections because her babies were all very big. her daughter was over 10 lbs
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i dont want to have a c section but i dont want the problems that i had with my first. my dr. told me i had the perfect vagina for labor. totally flase! she got stuck and the pulled her out. burnt her head. it was sad. very scary we both almost died. so i want to be careful but i hear its hard to come back from csections.
    mommato2burds

Comment by mommato2burds (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• an 8 lb. baby isn't all that big, so unless you had a really rough time with your first, then I wouldn't do it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• gee honey i do not know . I had two children and both came the regular way . one was almost a month late . she weighted 9.lbs 4 oz. i had toxmaa and was very ill . her brother born two year earlier and he weight 8.lbs 4 oz. no trouble with him .
    sugarsmom2

Answer by sugarsmom2 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• your ob should definitley already be aware of the problem with your last pregnancy, baby size and delivery. Is it a different ob from last time? I would talk to the dr about it for sure. Maybe you won't have to have a c-section but maybe they can keep a close eye on the size of the baby and when its considered to be full term..they can try inducing labor before goinog straight for the c-section??Good Luck..sounds like youve had a rough way to go the first time round.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i had toxemia also with my first sugarsmom2. so i know how horrible it is. i am in a totally different state this time. i want a normal pregnancy this time. full term i want my water to break and i want to enjoy this one! the last one i was 17 and sick with toxemia. didnt get to enjoy any of it
    mommato2burds

Comment by mommato2burds (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had to have a c-section with my son and I wish I could've had a vaginal birth. C-sections are much harder to recover from and more risky. An 8 lb baby is relatively normal in size. I wouldn't advise selectively doing a c-section unless your doctor thinks its whats best.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011