Old folks

do you know you can take your child in your local nursing home to sing dance or carry a flower to someone who has no one ,just stop by and ask what day they welcome visits have anyone ever done that?

RAVENRABIT

Asked by RAVENRABIT at 4:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I haven't done that, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Old people are always stopping next to me and talking to my son because they think he's so cute. that is definitely interesting.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• That's a wonderful thing to get the word out about! Can you imagine wasting away in a place like that & no one comes by for a visit? What a horribly lonely existence. It's a real shame how some of our older population ends up. Thanks for sharing. It's worth considering & a great lesson of community service for our younger generation. Kinda like adopting a grandparent! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ya! We live right behind a nursing home, and one of my kids favorite memories is going there and singing for them, playing the piano, I used to read to them at lunch time. Very fun!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Our girl scouts visit a nursing home as a service project.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Oh absolutely! I'm an LVN, so I work in nursing homes and I've brought my children to visit the residents many times. The residents enjoy it, and my children do too.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011