bleeding after/during sex

my bff called me and asked if i ever had normal sex and bleed during and after like a light day of a period... my advice to her was that she prob got torn and now everytime they have sex it re opens... its not her period... she doesnt have the money or time right now to go to the doc.. it stops bleeding too... so just wondering if any one had this problem... thanks for any advice...

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 2:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• She may have a polyp. I had one removed. It was on my cervix and I would sometimes spot after sex. I thought the same thing, maybe it was a rip or tear. I wouldn't have even known if my doctor didn't spot it.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 4:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• This happened to me many years ago - I had a lesion on my cervix that was aggravated by sex. I can't recall if it was HPV related or not, but that is something that needs to get taken care of. If she has time to get laid, she has time to go to the doc....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008