Yeast infection after EVERY period.....what should i do?

I have a yeast infection once a month.. its always after my period. Drs dont tell u how to stop it they only give u meds and send u on ur way. The next month its the samething. I always buy an over night kit. it does make it go away but the next month its back... please help me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• I used to get chronic yeast infections. Then I was told that eating yogurt minimizes yeast infections. At the time, I didnt like yogurt, so I began taking the equivalent in supplement form, acidophilus. I havent had a problem since except once or twice in twenty years. Im still taking acidophilus and eating yogurt now.
    JLP2009

Answer by JLP2009 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Start eating some yogurt daily, it really does help.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yogurt or pro-biotic pills. But, you really might want to ask your doctor again. You could have an underlying cause, like high blood sugar, that is causing you to be more susceptible to them.

andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you obviously need to change something that you do. maybe you need to be changing your tampons/pads more frequently. maybe you need to use vagisil wipes so you know you're clean down there.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Did you recently start a new birth control pill? My sister had the same thing happen to her and it was caused by the pill she was on. As soon as she switched, the yeasty beasty went away.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i changemy pad and tampons A LOT. I honestly thought that might have been the reason but it still happens. I even stopped tampons one month that didnt help either. im not on any type of birth control. I really dont know what it is!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd go with the daily acidophilis capsule. I've been taking them for a couple of years and its controls my IBS,boosts my immunity,and no vaginal infections.
    Go to target. They have them in the vitamin aisle. They're like $4 for 30 of them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Stop taking the antibiotics; they kill off the good bacteria along with the bad. Eat plenty of yogurt and supplement with probiotics.
    Anonymous