When making a link....

how do you get it to show up as "click here" or "whatever word you choose" instead of the full http://www.randomwebsite.com?

******Sorry, I accidentally made this anonymous.******

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Good! Glad you figured it out!

Did anyone happen to notice that I rickrolled you with my link?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Click full editor, type what you want to say, then click and drag with your mouse to highlight the words you want to use for the link. While it's still highlighted, click the link button (looks kind of like a chain or a paperclip) and you'll get a pop-up window to paste in your link address. Doesn't work on most phones, only computers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• click USE FULL EDITOR when making the post then highligh what you want the link to be added to and there is a little symbol that look like a chain if you click on it you can make it a link just fill in the info.. hope that wasnt confusing
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Using full editor, highlight the word you want to make "click-here", then use the link button, and finally, copy and paste link.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Select "use full-text" located at the top of the answer box.  Copy and paste the web address and then click on the "Insert/edit link" next to the "check spelling" box.  Paste into the "link url" box and then click on "insert".

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• WELL, that's what I always do, but the words I type into "info" never show up. It always just posts the link. Thanks, anyway!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you mean title??? the words  you write in titile are for when you roll over it with the mouse it wont appear on the actual post

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sorry, didn't mean to post so fast. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page I linked, NotPanicking provided an answer in which she made her link say "What Is A Troll"? instead of http://blahblahblah.com. OP, are you trying to find out how she did that? Is that your question?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011