His new teacher is fabulous! What should we get her for Christmas that is meaningful?

My autistic step son has grown so much over the past half year all because of his new teacher. He is four and he went from being practically non-verbal to singing his ABC's. He knows all of his letters and the phonics associated with them. We appreciate his teacher so much! What are some gift ideas that we can get her???

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My daughter had alot of physical problems due to her having open heart surgery and i don't know how i would have done it without her Teachers...... Well enough rambling ......we got her a weekend getaway at our local bed and breakfast place in town.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would have him help make something, even if he just helps a little bit. Like ornaments he can paint. Then I would give her something she likes (maybe candy, coffee etc) and attach the homeade ornaments to it.

Answer by gemgem at 3:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• What about the recordable ornaments...have him say his letters and end it w/ thank you Miss......
    It'll be something that she can easily keep always, and will remind her only of your son and his wonderful accomplishments.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• As special as your stepson's teacher is to him (and you), I imagine he's just as special to her. And I think she'd love something personlized from him, something she can treasure for years to come. If you have a picture of them together or even of just him, you can find tons of amazing photo gifts at sites like Snapfish.com. (I have a coupon code for 20% off: WINTER08) I agree with Kimebs; something recordable would be wonderful!
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 3:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I love Kimebs' answer. I have a friend who is a teacher and doesn't have space for one more candle, coffee mug or knick knack! They love personalized gifts that the kids helped with and gift cards.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008