Sponser green card for sister in law

My husband wants to sponser a green card for my sister in law, but I don't want her to come and live with us. What shoud I do? Once she gets the green card, she would be staying with us. she does not like to work nor does she want to find a job. She would be a constand presence in the house, and I will not have any privacy with my husband and kids. My husband does not have any other alternative. what would you suggest?

lostandtorn

Asked by lostandtorn at 4:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• He doesn't have an alternative? Tell sister in law no, that she can go through the green card procedure herself. Why does he have to sponsor her? Why does she HAVE to live with you? It doesn't make sense, you're adults, tell her no.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yeah, why does she have to live with you? My uncles sponsored my younger uncles and they didn't HAVE to live with them.
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• He should only do it if she is going to get a job and a place of her own. It is his sister...
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If she's not willing to, then he shouldn't do it. You two shouldn't have that burden.
    CollinsMommy729