I'm curious

Does anyone know anything about Herman Cain? I know the basics about how he grew up and made a place for himself in the business world but will blacks vote for him over Obama? How is he perceived among blacks? Do you think he will be at a disadvantage with conservatives because Obama was black even though they are totally different?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• can of worms

Anonymous

• I need to look him up, never heard of him.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• 91% of the black votes will still support Obama in 2012 just as they do today, regardless of Cain's skin color. It's what they stand for or where they want to send Federal dollars.
    I love Herman Cain, but I think he really needs to get out there and get noticed, he just isn't loud enough right now.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• – collapse
    I think it's typical of a conservative to assume black people voted for Obama strictly based on the color of his skin... Thereby basically assuming that black people are stupid and can't vote based on what a candidate stands for. Way to go!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Never heard of him either
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If he is running against Obama and we are going strictly off of race, I think Obama will win. Because he is already in office, there is no need to vote, KWIM?

From what I just read about him, He has my vote! I need to do some more research of who is looking to run, though
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes, it also says 79% of Democrats, and 75% of liberals, should we assume they all voted for him based on his skin color too? Fact is that most black people are Democrats. So that number means nothing. I have supported him from day 1, and still do, based on what he stands for, not his color. For you to assume black people (again, DEMOCRATS mostly) don't feel the same is racist. But you'll never admit that, of course. So carry on :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Oh I will dear.....don't you worry about that.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011