How do I wash/clean my bum genious diapers.

I use baking soda and it works, but still has some stains and can sometimes smell. I was wondering if anyone else has some ideas. I know you can not use any thing like bleach, borax, and oxy clean. Thanks before hand!!!

hotty2u14

Asked by hotty2u14 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I keep a bucket beside the changing table w/ water, white vinegar and baking soda...I put them in to soak and wash when the bucket is full....they stay white for me. Hope this helps
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• In every wash, I use 1/4 scoop of Country Save detergent, OxyClean, and some white vinegar (kills the smell). I rarely have to strip, and they don't have stains. Have you checked out the cloth diapering group(s)? I've gotten some GREAT suggestions that way. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I do use bleach. Not much and only once a month or so. If I don't I get stink issues. My son is older though, this wasn't an issue when he was small. It's never hurt my diapers and I wash 2-3 times afterwards to make sure it's all out.

I'd put some lemon juice on it and let it sit for a bit. Lemon juice removes stains. When the weather is nice you can pt them in the such, the sun is a great stain remover.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2008