What could it be?

My dd woke up with a rash all over the side of her face I just thought it might be from sweating because I turned our cool humidifier on last night to sleep. It's gone from her face but is all over her back now and its raised it feels like little zits they almost have like white heads? She was on an antibiotic a few days ago for being sick but it wasn't doing much I figured it was just a cold and stopped it. I'm allergic to the medicine she was on could she she be but just getting the rash?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• awww, she is beautiful!!! yes, she could have gotten it from the meds, it can take a few days sometimes for an allergic reaction to happen, so you could very well be right, good call in taking her off it, but you may want to talk with her pediatrician and let them know you have taken her off it due to the rash and it not helping her. I'd use an ointment on it to see if it helps clear it up...only other thing I could think it would be is maybe the laundry detergent or softener on her cloths and sheets. Good Luck, hope it clears up!!! She sure is a cutie!!!

sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The only other thing I changed was I bought Johnson and Johnson Oatmeal and Vanilla bath soap and lotion she had a bath yesterday with it. Everything else it is the same.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• That could be it, it may be the perfumes in the lotion or the soap...maybe try just old fashioned johnson and johnson baby soap, hypoallergenic stuff (no perfumes) and see if it helps...also, with allergies, they can pop up out of nowhere. Growing up, my parents used Gain laundry soap, as a teenager, I developed an allergy to it out of nowhere, broke out like your daughter is. My doctor told me it was normal, that it happens all the time. Just a suggestion, still could very well be the meds and now that she is off them, once they are completely out of her system, it should go away (hoping it was just the meds and this will be over soon for you)
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always used the the old fashion stuff before and never had a problem with it i just like the smell of this one lol. It's almost gone now just a little red yet I'll show the picture to the doctor next time we go for a well baby check up unless we have to go before hand for something.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my son had really bad baby acne like that it lasted only about three days or so and he got it at about 2 months old
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 7:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• try to get exisma cream.I have 4 kids with it.I would say take her to the doc. becous babys nkids with exisma have ahsima usualy.Only a doc. Can realy help you.
    ozzydane

Answer by ozzydane at 12:01 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Could be infant acne, exsema (sp), or maybe you should change your laundry detergeant...
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011