How would you handle this...

ok so my niece and her friend are in the 9th grade they tried out for cheer leading a couple of weeks ago
and today the coach posted the Results on the gyms window
not only was there a list of the people who did make it but there was a list with the people who didn't make it

these results were posted for everyone to see my niece did NOT make it and shes been getting made fun of all day by other girls who did make it and some of her class mates my sister is furious not at the fact that my niece didn't make it but the fact that they posted the results for the whole entire school to see

i was a cheer coach for a middle school a couple of years ago and we did not post the results on the door for everyone to see i gave each girl a a letter in a envelope and they were not to open it until they were off campus

how would you handle this?because my sister is talking about going up to the school and cursing out the coach i know that isnt the right way to go about it but she furious

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 5:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would be upset as well. They don't need to let the whole school know who tried out and didnt make it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It needed to be handled better a list of who made it would have been fine. They did not need to post those who did not make it. It needs brought to the coaches attention what has happened as a result of her not handling this well.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i would have been fine to post who did make it, but I think it was a bit cruel to post who did not make it.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• all through middle school and high school the results were posted on the wall HOWEVER the people who didnt make it were NOT posted that is pretty messed uP!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think them posting two lists is kinda silly but at least they are acknowledging who tried out so there is no question of "are you sure you didn't forget____"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think talking to the coach is appropriate but needs to be done calmly. She needs to be ready t listen too. She also needs to point out the attitude of the girls who made it and tell the coach he needs to have a talk about what being a good sport is. The girls who made it need to set a better example.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Personally what they did was wrong. It should of been private just like if they posted everyones final grades on the wall. Not everyone needs to know who made it or who didnt. I would definetly go speak to the coach and the principal. What they did was wrong. I would always tell the child that they tried their best to get in the sqaud but unfortantly this was not their time. There will always be a next time, and hopefully more confidential..
    Apryl9

Answer by Apryl9 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011